When you click on a page, scroll past this week's featured photo to view.

WELCOME!

This site is dedicated to sharing what we have learned with you! Enjoy our tutorials, and if you have a question please feel free to ask! I know one of our sugar enthusiasts will either know or try to find the answer.
We all have something to share...and we all have something to learn!


___________________________________________________________



Nothing says Irish like Beautiful Lace

Nothing says Irish like Beautiful Lace
Click on photo for Earlene Moore's tutorial for beautiful fondant lace and have fun with your next cake!


.............................................................................................................................

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
.............................................................................................................................



Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cherry Blossom Tutorial



Cherry Blossoms are easy to make and so beautiful in arrangements and as center stage on a cake. I have made them with cutters (JenniferDontz.com has some darling cutters that I have used) and by hand. This demo will show you how to make them by hand.

I use a JEM Silk Veining tool (my favorite tool!), PME star, ball tool, 26g wire, Cel pad, small sharp scissors, piping gel and a corn starch puff. I use straight Wilton Fondant for these. I have found that it works better than gumpaste.

Start with a small cone and flatten the top slightly.


Use the PME star tool has a side with a 6 point and 5 point star. Use the 5 point side to impress into the top of the flattened side.


Cut the points of the star with the sharp scissors, taking care not to cut all the way through.

Separate and flatten the petals with your fingers.


Dust your thumb and fingers with corn starch. Use the Silk Veining tool to vein and thin the petals. Use a crescent shape movement to go around each petal. I press hard into the sides of my thumb.


Take the Star tool to impress a 5 point star into the center again. Use a ball tool to gently to ruffle the edges of each petal taking care not to tear them.

Use a ball tool to gently to ruffle the edges of each petal taking care not to tear them.

Dip three stamins in piping gel and gently insert into the center. I always make a bud shape and wire "twig".


Wrap with floral tape and tape the blossoms together in a delicate branch. Make branches with 3, 5 or 7 blossoms for good balance. You can also add in leaves.






Tutorial and Photos by Denise Talbot all rights reserved 2009

This tutorial cannot be reproduced for commercial or teaching purposes without permission from the author.

26 comments:

  1. I love, love , love your cherry blossoms Denise!! Thanks so much for the tutorial!! You're awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - you made it look easy! They are gorgeous! Thank you so much! Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Got these on my to-do list! Great tutorial! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise, YOu are the QUEEN of Cherry Blossoms!! Thank you for sharing your technique for making them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your sweet compliments. I hope that everyone enjoyed the tutorial and I hope to see some of your creations. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tutorial. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Cant wait to have a try at some of your tutorials, its so generous of you to share.

    Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  8. At what point do you add the wire? After making the teardrop shape, before cutting the petals? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I add the wire when I am totally through with the blossom. Generally I make a tiny hook in the end, dab a tiny bit of piping gel on the end and insert and turn a quarter turn and pull down just the tiniest bit. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for this wonderful tutorial and all of the others as well. I can't wait to try them all! Thanks again for your generosity. Your cakes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been trying to make wild roses to use for a cherry blossom cake.With your sight I can break out my tool set and make much nicer blooms. I won't have the trouble of the drying time,counter space and kids wanting to finger all of my work. Thanks so much ! This will be so much help !

    ReplyDelete
  12. they are simply perfect!congrats!kikka

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks so much! I have two cherry blossom cakes coming up...one at the end of March and one in May. I am looking forward to making them as they will be different than the others. Watch out for them here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a cherry blossom wedding cake due in Oct. of this year. I found this tut and now I have a question. After these are assembled, are they simply stuck into the cake? The floral tape is quite tacky, so is there anything that they are dipped into before inserting them into the cake?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cat, I have never dipped them in anything but you could insert a drinking straw into the cake and slide them into the straw. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  16. i was browsing the web for cake tutorials and found this site. i love your work. ive never baked a cake but it is my goal to start doing some baking. i've been inspired more by seeing your cakes. love it hope i get as good as you are. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  17. My daughter wants a Cherry Blossom cake for her 16th birthday, your tutorial is wonderful! I am going to attempt your method, I was just wondering what size ball tool I would need?

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate your comments and always look forward to hearing from you!

However we do not like spam, derogatory comments, or foul language. We would appreciate it if your would refrain from doing so or your comment will be deleted.

Search This Blog

The Tutorials This Week Were Generously Shared by

RHONDA CHRISTENSEN, EARLENE MOORE, BOBBIE NOTO, EDNA DE LA CRUZ & TONI BRANCATISANO

And to ALL of our Readers...

Above all, have fun and keep baking!

Think CHOCOLATE!

A Very Sweet Tutorial by Bobbie Noto

A Very Sweet Tutorial by Bobbie Noto
I was instantly in love when Bobbie Noto shared this cookie with SugarTeachers! She is an amazing talent. For instructions on how to create this adorable cookie, click on the photo and don't forget to subscribe to Bobbie's website!

Pillow Cake Tutorial by Toni Brancatisano

Pillow Cake Tutorial by Toni Brancatisano
How beautiful! A great tutorial shared byToni Brancatisano. Click on photo to see the tutorial!

Pistachio-Cardamom Cake

Pistachio-Cardamom Cake
Click on link for Edna De La Cruz's dee-lish cake recipe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails